[VAL] Air conditioning heat pump

We have a 1972 Trade Wind with original air conditioner that has not
worked for a long while from the looks of it.  My brother-in-law says
hes going to give me a new Duo-Therm model number 31601 heat pump,
15,000 rating, complete with inside trim package.  What a great
brother-in-law is that?

My question is, will this work on our Airstream?  He says it requires a
14 = inch opening.  Are there any problems using this unit?  He says
its designed to drain on top of the coach which doesnt sound like
something I want.  Can it be modified to drain through the Airstream
tube that runs inside the walls to the ground?  What else will I run
into with this unit?

Dick & Rose Ann Harold
Noblesville, Indiana
1972 Airstream Trade Wind