RE: [VAL] Dometic won't switch to electric

The reason that all electronic controlled Dometic fridges (ie the ones with
the push bottom controls at the top) require 12V even when running on 120V,
is that the electronic control board ONLY runs on 12VDC and the fridge does
NOT have a power supply to convert 120VAC to 12VDC.  Without 12V, the
electronic control board is DEAD and it will not energize the relay that
sends voltage to the electric heater.  Hope that explains the need for 12V
regardless of usage on gas or electric.

David