RE: [VAL] Difference in quality over the years

> Unfortunately the 60s era A/S were 8' wide.  You have to drop back into the
> early to middle 50s to find 7'6" models.  During the 1980s, Airstream did
> sell a 7'6" model in a 22' length that was based off of the Argosy Minuet
> series.

Joss & David,
I just went out & measured a number of Airstream trailers I have in my yard.
The 50's era Airstreams with 13 panel endcaps (until about mid 57) are 7'
wide with the exception of a 50 Airstream "Limited" that I own that is 7
1/2' wide. As far as I can tell, the Limited was only offered for one year &
was sold in very limited quantities. In mid 57 the endcaps changed to 7
sections then later on in the early 60's to 5 sections. All of the 7 & 5
panel models through to 68 were 7 1/2' wide. (except for the 61, 62 & 63
Bambi's) There was another model change in 69 which gained another couple of
inches, which bring it over your limits but still not 8' yet.
Colin Hyde
GSM Vehicles Inc.
www.theVAP.com