Re: [VAL] Re: VAL toilet question

    Tony,

    If you end up replacing the flange, keep the original until you get a
new replacement.

    Mine was made up of ABS threads and a vinyl-clad pressed steel ring at
the top.  I bought an all ABS replacement and the threads were only about
half the length (or depth) they needed to be in order to thread into my
holding tank.  Although rusty in a few places, I was forced to use the
original as I couldn't find a replacement anywhere with threads as long as
the original.

    Good luck,

    Glyn Judson
    1969 Caravel #508