[VAL] Locks and Toilet Questions

I just returned from a 12-day maiden voyage (post refurbishment) tour of
five national parks in Utah with my 17-foot 1966 Caravel. No major problems,
but two minor ones: (1) the door locked itself and couldn't be opened; a
local mechanic removed the door hinge and tried to fix the lock, but only
got it to work so that it closes but doesn't lock. SO...I've been thinking
of leaving it alone and replacing the deadbolt (non-locking) with a locking
deadbolt. Has anyone found a replacement deadbolt that fits these skinny
doors?  (2) While traversing a bumpy road with the black tank somewhat full,
an amount of the contents sloshed out somehow between the tank and toilet
and ran into the adjoining closet. I haven't removed the toilet yet, but
suspect the seal between it and the tank is faulty. How are these connected,
and is the connecting thing, whatever it is, available?

Tony in Sonora, CA