Re: [VAL] Question

Hi -- my first post to the list. I'm going to be picking up an older
Airstream Overlander in Colorado later in the month, if it passes
muster.

To address the question at hand: for several years I used a '96 Dodge
1500 with the 5.9L gas engine to pull a 22' aluminum fishing boat
that, with hull, trailer and motor probably weighed about 4000#,
maybe 5000# fully gassed, etc. That truck could not pull the boat up
the hills outside Pendelton, OR (for example) at more than 35 MPH, in
2nd gear (it has an automatic). That gets old very fast. When the
1500 got 150K miles on it I bought the truck I should have bought in
the first place, a 2002 6-speed manual with the Cummins Turbo Diesel.
You may not need a Cummins, but you definitely are asking for slow
trips with a small-block gas engine.

As always, YMMV.

Warren