[VAL] plumbing

<SNIPPAGE>
>From: <gillguy@bellsouth.net>
>Subject: Re: [VAL] Ahhh, the delights of plumbing

>Bill
>I agree with Pete on the PEX, and with using the >compression fittings
instead of the crimp on. I also like the >PEX in that you can get red (for
hot) and blue (for cold).
<SNIP>

   I don't know if this is old news. Classic Rides, 9AM Sat, on the DIY
Channel (DIRECTV) is covering an A'stream redo. Today they resurfaced the
bathrom and replaced the bath window film. They used red and blue  PEX and
installed a water heater the other week.  Their PEX was cut into the
existing copper.
Evidently no one told them about Pharbond or Vulcum, they're gooping it up
with silacone.
  I especially liked the PEX color coding. Seeing as how my double has had
the plumbing repaired by amateurs I see some PEX in my future.
 DanG
  '66 Overlanders,
    "65 F250