RE: [VAL] Hanging "stuff" on aluminum walls

Check Harbor Freight.  They sell a threaded insert riveter kit which
includes the installation tool and a selection of rivets.  I have a slightly
different set I got from JC Whitney many years ago that works great.  The HF
model works on the same principle as a rivet as the nut housing expands to
press fit into the hole you drill in the metal.  The one I have has a
special tool that holds the insert from turning as you use another tool to
tighten and expand the nut into place.  I got mine for about $20 and the
current price for the HF one is about $14.00.

That said, I really don't know why an insert is preferred over a screw.
I've used screw throughout my trailer to attach cabinets and haven't had any
problems.  As others have mentioned, you just have to be careful not to
strip the hole out when you install any fastener.

As other have cautioned though, make sure you get a good hold of the rib and
don't try to install into just the interior metal wall.  If the mount is too
small to attach to two ribs, I'd recommend attaching a piece of wood or
strong metal between two ribs and attach your TV mount to that.

I've seen a lot of new trailers that have special TV mounts on the wall that
hold the LCD TV and allow you to move the TV around on scissors arms.  They
have a thin vertical mount that you can install on one rib and have
sufficient support to hold everything in place.
Pete