Re: [VAL] Airstream Unfriendly

    Cliff and all,

    I too had the same experience week before last when stopping in at the
Sky River Airstream facility in Paso Robles CA on the way home from
Monterey.  I went to the shop in the back asking for some to the hard-to-get
items on my ever shorter list.

    Mind you, I didn't expect to have them produce the goods but I also
wasn't ready for the almost indignant retort, "We don't work on any
Airstream older than 10 years".  Yikes, sorry I asked guys, I didn't mean to
ruin your week.

    I hung in there asking other questions of them and after a short while,
they calmed down and actually turned out to be as helpful as they could.  I
guess they have this pat answer ready for 99% of the vintage Airstream folks
coming in the front door.

Glyn Judson
1969 Caravel #508
Santa Monica CA