[VAL] Axle

 I am currently talking, emailing, and USMailing with the Dexter factory in LA, CA.
  They have been extremely helpful.  'We have a 69 Caravel and we  are going with the 4500
TorFlex, Nev-R-Lube,  22 degrees  down.  Presently we have shock absorbers but are going to
eliminate them to start, may decide to add them later.  Dexter  does not seem to think they
are necessary.  I have sent them  drawings of all the dimensions they requested and a few
more.  If  they can duplicate the existing axle mounting plate it will be a simple  4 bolt
installation.  Four bolts and the electric brake  hookup.  I looked at the disc brake option
but decided with our  present puller they would not be required.

  I have asked for Dexter's opinion on the replacement units for their  Nev-R-Lube system.
Whether we should buy some replacements when  we get the axle and carry them "in case".  The
system is guranteed  for 100K miles or 5 years but what good is that when you are in the
middle of nowhere (where we often are).

  Carole and Rob
  San Diego
  69 Caravel