RE: [VAL] Propane fireplace

Tom,
Sounds like a modern version of early airstreams.  They had a furnace with a
ceiling duct just inside the door.

Not sure I agree with your comments that a ducted furnace uses more energy
than a non-ducted one.  Both have a fan that runs the entire time the
furnace is operating.  I've used my ducted furnace every night in single
digit weather using an optima and it always ran all night.  I used a Honda
EU2000 to charge the battery in the AM while showering and eating and once
during the evening during and after dinner.

You didn't say what size your trailer is, but if it is fairly long, you will
probably end up using a fan anyway to get the heat to the rear of the
trailer.  I can tell you it is really nice to step out of the shower to the
nice heat from the register especially in cold weather.  Even in my small
20' the rear bath was always cold in the morning.

That said, I don't see a problem with your plan and believe it could look
nice.  We all have different solutions to ultimate trade offs and I hope you
enjoy yours.  I certainly like the idea more that using a cat heater.  I
really don't like any kind of combustion going on in the living area.
(Probably start antoher thread on that comment)

Good luck and I'm looking forward to the pictures
Pete