[VAL] Region 7 VAC Caravan to the International

Hello All,
The Vintage Airstream Club members of Region 7 would like to invite the
List to our activities this summer.We have two events planned for the
summer of 2006 the first being a caravan to the International.

It was Horace Greeley, I believe, who famously said, "Go west, old
Airstreams!"  Or something to that effect...

Region 7 VAC members invite you to join us for a caravan to the WBCCI
International Rally in Salem, OR in the summer of 2006.  Our route
crosses Wisconsin and Minnesota before picking up the trail of Lewis and
Clark, tracking along the Missouri and Columbia Rivers.  We plan an
eight day trip, covering nearly 2200 miles, and allowing for plenty of
scenic vistas along the way.

We plan to depart Appleton, WI on the morning of Sunday June 18 and will
stay that evening at Curtis and Julie Gunderson's B&B in Duquette, MN.
Those who attended the Region 7 Vintage Rally this past Labor Day
weekend will not soon forget the Gunderson's hospitality.  We will spend
a night at Turtle River State Park west of Grand Forks, ND and then at
Lewis and Clark State Park on the shores of Lake Sakakawea near
Williston, ND.  Our next stop will be the US Army Corps of Engineers
camp at Fork Peck, MT, still along the banks of the Missouri River.  We
plan two nights at the KOA in West Glacier, MT, which will allow a day
of touring around Glacier National Park.  The next day will take us over
the Rockies of western Montana and Idaho; we will spend the night at
Potholes State Park in central Washington.  Our final day will find us
tracking along the Columbia River and into the Rally site in Salem,
arriving on the afternoon of Sunday June 25 joining up with the rest the
the VAC for our parade into the International on the 26th.

If you are interested in joining us for this adventure, please contact
Kevin Garrett (WBCCI # 5974) at
kgarrett@new.rr.com or by calling 920-730-0633 prior to April 1, 2006.
That way he will be able to make camping reservations for the
appropriate number of trailers.

Let's "Go west" together!

Ed Emerick
WBCCI/VAC 4425