[VAL] Air conditioner thermostat

The original air conditioner in my '76 Tradewind still works great but the
thermostat is broken. (The plastic gears that connect the dial to the
innards are stripped, so turning the dial does nothing.) The only way to
stop from freezing is to shut off the air conditioner manually. Does anyone
know where I can get a replacement thermostat? Perhaps someone has an
original one they removed when they installed a new air conditioner?

Marv Murray