[VAL] Heater

Hello:  I have a 1969 Airstream tradewind.  The heater had worked fine the
last several times I used it.  We had to get the trailer out today to use as a
place for daughter to stay while her daughter is in the hospital.  I was sure
all was working.  Went to start it up as usual (heater)
but the pilot light won't stay lit when you release the starter button.  Gas
is getting down the line fine to the 4 burner stove and oven.  Plenty of gas
in the tanks.  I tried manually lighting the pilot and turning on the heater,
fan goes on fine but the heater does not kick on.  Pilot light doesn't change.
Any ideas?

Tom Fairbank