[VAL] 12 volt DC propane generator

Aaron & Toby,
I have one of those 12 volt LP generators in my 66 Safari. It is a vertical
crankshaft lawnmower engine with a generator mounted where the blade would
normally be. The original gasoline carburetor is there, however there is a
low pressure propane line running into the bottom of the float bowl. They
were made by Onan, and as far as I know, were a dealer installed option. As
it is only a 12 volt DC generator & produces no AC current, it uses the
generator as an electric starter. It's really quite neat, as you are able to
turn a timer up to a maximum of  3 hours and push a button and start it up,
all while standing in the galley of the trailer. It's also very quiet and
about the size of the hot water heater.  It's mounted on the floor inside
one of the closets & has a hatch on the outside for servicing.
Colin Hyde
GSM Vehicles Inc.
www.theVAP.com