[VAL] Tires

I had Goodyear trailer tires on my horse trailer, they were about 4 years old
and I'd feel very safe saying they didn't have 1,000 miles total on them and
yes they sat rubber to earth.    This summer I had one blow out on the trailer
moving,  another blow out just setting parked and  the spare...never been on
the ground still had the rubber tits on the tire blow out.    All these were
on the "sun side" of the trailer where it was parked.   So,   I don't think I
would feel very safe putting Goodyear anything on my Airstream.    The
Airstream has Michelins on it now and the man I bought it from this year said
the tires are about 4 years old but I'm seeing signs that I think I will
replace them before I start pulling it in the Spring.     I am very interested
in what you guys are saying about tires.    I had the bearing packed and the
brakes checked when I bought it in April.    I saw the front of an Airstream
at a music festival in Glen Rose, Tx last summer where rubber off a tow
vehicle tire  that blew hit the street side front end,   $3,000 damage to the
AS.      Several stories in talking to campers who lost plumbing due to blown
tires.    Scares me to even think of a blow out on the AS.   I don't pull much
over 60-65 mph.
Well out in the snow to go to the Wichita Airstream Club Christmas Party,
I'm the entertainment today on my Autoharp.    Merry Christmas to all,  Barb