[VAL] Re: Colorado!

Hi All,

Rich, not to scare you from considering Colorado as a final resting place,
(not THAT kind of rest!) but yesterday the water pipes to my house froze and
I woke up to no water!! It was  -15 that night in Boulder!!! I'm really hoping
I did a GREAT job winterizing Pearl!!! I dodged the bullet in that I cranked
up the heat in the house and the water came on an hour later with no pipes
bursting. This never happened in NY where it also gets really cold!

Hail is a worry out here but I've been told that the skins on the 50's trailers
are thicker and that the hail damage would be less. I've been looking into raising
the garage door opening to allow me to store Pearl inside. I have the height and
length in the garage it's just the door height that has to be changed.

Then there is the wind. I was a student at Colorado State Univ. up in Fort Collins
in the late 60's and I remember the Chinook Winds taking down roof tops! Pearl
is sitting at the side of the driveway protected, I thought, by a wall of trees
and bushes! So she is somewhat buffered from the wind.

I still love Boulder Rich, and I can't think of a better place to live then
Colorado!!!!!!!!! (credit due to the wonderful folks in the Denver Unit!!)

Patti