[VAL] Curbside Awnings

Jo Ann and Glyn,

Take a look at the self contained units at:

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=20025d&src=SRQB

or
http://tinyurl.com/eyv3k  (same URL)

The bolt rope is on the carrier bag, and the rolled up awning zips
into the bag for travel.  The rafter poles and column poles are
permanently mounted to roller so you just roll the awning out, set
the spring loaded rafter poles and adjust the column poles to height.
Stakes are optional but advisable.  A friend of mine has one of these
on his Minuet 6 and it is slick.  I plan on using one on my Bubble
when I get to that stage.

As for the old fasioned type, Jo Ann you are quite correct.
Threading the bolt rope in its track is how you have to do it each
time and it is a bit of a pain in the patootie.  Some I've seen have
tie tapes and such, but it seems that would be just asking for
something to break on the road.  Most folks just save the awning for
when they will be staying a few days.

Unfortunately, the max length is 12'.  They extend out about 7 or 8
feet from the trailer.  If 12' is long enough (IIRC Jo Ann you have a
Bubble so that should suffice) it seems a good, relatively
inexpensive way to get a quickly deployed awning.

I also remember seeing water filled "anchor" bags someplace for when
the stakes won't work...

Matt