[VAL] Insurance

You should have no problem insuring your vintage trailers for collision and
comprehensive insurance. The coverage on an ordinary policy would be ACV.
Actual cash value. The insurance company probably uses some type of value book or
appraiser. Most insurance companies would be willing to consider your receipts
and repairs to your trailers. You probably cannot sue your own insurance
company. There is probably an arbitration clause in your policy. That would mean
you have your trailer appraised, the insurance company does that same thing and
then there is a third appraiser that considers both appraisals and puts a
value on the trailer. Both would be bound by that decision. You can sue a
wrongdoer for damages, but not his/her insurance company. I spent 37 years working for
an insurance company in the claim department. We never wanted to pay the
least possible amount on the claims. All we wanted to do is pay a fair amount and
get the claims settled as quickly as possible. We got very few lawsuits and
the ones we did was because of a question of liability or a question of
coverage. I feel TV is giving auto liability insurance company a bad image. Most want
to pay the claims and get them settled fairly. Your homeowners insurance
probably will not pay for your trailers. Most policies exclude items licensed for
road use. Just some information from my experience in the business.