[VAL] 69 Safari window lever slot

We are renovating a 69 Safari.  The windows push out with knobs and around the
holes where the lever is there was a  plastic piece that has cracked and
rotted.  It had to be chipped off  and left a glue residue.  Has anyone had
any experience with this and did you replace the little plastic oblong pieces
or leave the oblong hole where the knobs
move bare?
Also, thanks to all that suggested gasket remover to get rid of that ugly
black caulk that some idiot put around the outside of all the windows.   It
works great!  Seems to take off some of the clearcoat which didn't concern us
too much because we will take it off eventually anyway.
Thanks for your help.

Denise and Mel in North Carolina
61 Bambi
69 Safai