Re: Re: [VAL] LED-Solar panels in NYC

14.6 volts is a bit high for long battery life. 14.2 is better,
though 15 used to be within SAE limits. Its too much for good
battery life.

Though I wonder for the LED controls if the gradual failures are
the LEDs or the circuitry. Good circuits should control the LED
current pretty much independently of the supply voltage but at
the cost of extra power dissipation in the control circuit when
the supply voltage is high. Sometimes resistors drift in value
when run hot. And some could change the brightness of the LEDs.
At the same time, driving the LEDs very hard gets more light at
the cost of LED lifetime.

Without circuit details, I can't pass judgement.

Gerald J. VAC, WBCCI #5623