[VAL] no broken pipes after all

Well I picked up our 65 Caravel from the AS dealer in Darien NY and took it
back to the trailer guy who had winterized it last year.  It turns out that
it was "operator difficulty" as usual for me!  There are no broken pipes  but
all these valves were still open from last year's winterization.  None  of
these are in my original owner's manual.  Yet they look like original  parts.
What we really need is someone to just go over the entire thing  with us!  It was
so nice to have the young man who worked there sound so  confident and
excited as he showed us where different things were.

So, in answer to whoever it was who asked, how the dealer in Darien  was.
Not so good :(  His estimate, if you remember, to *start* to fix  the "broken
pipes" was $1000!

Yikes--a close call.

Ann Dunham