Re: [VAL] Re: Marmoleum

> Unless it's changed in the last few years, seaming Marmoleum is not for
> the novice. It was designed to be a commercial product (you'll see it
> in the NYC subway), and requires special equipment and skills to seam.
> If you can get it in your coach without seaming- go for it!
>
> Chris Koehn

Chris,
You're right, it does require a seam, assuming you're doing the complete
floor as the rolls are only 60 some odd inches wide. Our installer told us
that there are two methods. The first is to butt the edges together and use
some type of "crazy glue" however he didn't recommend this method. The other
method is to weld the seam. They bevel both sides of the joint with a
special cutting tool then insert a colored welding rod into a hot air welder
specially designed for this purpose. The welder is slid along the joint as
it closes it up. It leaves a lump at the weld, so another special cutting
tool is used to slice the weld down flush with the flooring surface. It's
quite fascinating to watch as it virtually eliminates the joint visually.
They also seal the perimeter against the wall so you won't have any chance
of the wood subfloor getting wet in the future. The job is really
professional and when the interior is reinstalled the trailer looks "as new"
even inside the cabinets. It's a lot of money but we haven't had any
customer regret their choice. I think you're better off putting extra money
into the flooring and save $ on the fabrics as they can easily be changed at
a later date if there is a limited budget.  The other nice thing is the
smell after it's finished..............it's fresh, not plasticy.
Colin Hyde
GSM Vehicles Inc.