[VAL] we found one!

well, we found a Safari--it's a 65--Bob went with me to check it out
yesterday (he sold Airstreams, said it's amzing how it all came back to him)
and although it has some issues, he doesn't think any of them are
serious--of course, as we all know, there will be horrible surprises, but
that's in the future--I'll think about them tomorrow!

Mostly it needs cleaning and fixing up--I'm excited to re-do the interior,
being a shallow person, and have some questions for the list about this---

it looks like a lot of people are putting down Pergo floors--is this the
best return in terms of value?  the pics I've seen look great --it just
seems a little too fancy for an Airstream--I was thinking about vinyl
flooring--a few years ago Armstrong ran ads showing retro look vinyl--it
looked like 50s linoleum --with boomerang designs.  This looks as though it
could be fun to use.

I'm going to try and hunt some down today after I pay for the Safari.

Another question--the Safari has beautiful dark wood cabinets--except over
the kitchen sink--these are lift up doors faced with tan vinyl and have
aluminum across the bottom--look like airplane doors.  I found a pic of a
Safari interior online last night and it showed wooden doors in this
spot--does anyone know if my doors are original or replacements?

And thanks already for discussing issues I need to know about--the epoxy
thread, and I found some mention of  window handles--at least three of the
windows have sripped knobs--now i know how to fix this!

Zoe