[VAL] Tin Can Tourists

Hi Gang,

In case you missed this announcement:

Lecture: The Historical Society of Martin County, lecture and book
signing, author and Florida Historical Society Executive Director Dr.
Nick Wynne, 2 p.m., Aug. 24. Dr. Wynne will lecture on his book "Tin
Can Tourists of Florida 1900-1970." Elliot Museum, Hutchinson Island,
Stuart, (772) 225-1961, ext. 106. Historical Society members, free;
nonmembers, $6.

Two Summers ago, we took our 1967 22' Airstream to the Tin Can Tourists
Rally in Michigan, it was one of the newer RVs there. Many RVs were
1940s and 50s Vintage.

I haven't yet seen details for this winter's Tin Can Tourists Rally in
Florida. We like the Florida Rally because so many Airstreamers attend
- even those who don't have a Vintage Airstream. It's fun to rub
shoulders with RV History buffs.

Terry