Re: [VAL] Archives

Hi Vanessa:

    I was the VAC Archive Historian while Bill Scott was still alive. In
fact, he and I discussed and established this position as a means of
gathering and disseminating information about Vintage Airstreams.  I
don't think Bill had many, if any, documents at the time of his death,
and those were limited to his personal documents.

    Upon becoming the VAC Archive Historian, I received two boxes of
documents from then VAC Librarian, Noland Vogt.  One box will filled
with mostly poor b& w photocopies of various sales literature and the
other box contained old service manuals, now available from Helen Davis.

    Over the last 6 years I added to the materials.  Two weeks ago I
gave those materials to Forrest McClure, who was appointed the new VAC
Historian at the International Rally when I became the Chair of the
WBCCI History Committee.  So the VAC Archive materials are and remain in
good hands.  Forrest and I will continue to develop ways to share these
materials with VAC members.

    My most recent idea is a growing series of Power Point presentations
that can be given at VAC Rallies, which people seem to enjoy.  I've
asked a few VAC members to put together PP presentations about those era
trailers they know best, and I've received some positive replies.  I
hope to establish a nice library of these visual presentations, which
will be distributed among Regional VAC Reps. for showing at VAC Rallies
around the country.

Best regards,

Fred Coldwell
Denver, Colo.