[VAL] how to remove contact paper

I thought I would pass along a little inforation I gained today.
We have been removing the contact paper or adhesive shelf liner from
our 1969. I believe that it is original or at least very old, it is
cracked and brittle and very hard to pull up, you would get little
strips as big as your finger and then have to work to get the next
piece. After fighting with it off and on I tried using a blow dryer
and that helped. So I got smart, closed up the trailer, let it get
hotter than blazes inside and then went to work. It came up in great
strips, one shelf all in one piece. I ended up getting all of it
stripped in about a hour, much better than the few square inches in
a hour that I was averaging before I used heat and then just let the
trailer get hot.
  Tomorrow, two months, 6 days, and more dollars worth of repairs then
I want to think about we hope to go camping. The water system is
patched together enough to get by. Everything else works just great,
and the new non-adhesive shelf paper makes it look really up-town.
  Joe in Wyoming