[VAL] better pump cycles

Thanks to everyone that responded on my pump. I started to isolate the
system at the pump and move down the line as per a suggestion but before
I even got to the first area I discovered a leak in the supply line for
the toliet.  I cut out the offending copper and spliced it will some
rubber hose and hose clamps and now the pump goes on for just a half
second after over two minutes. I can live with that, I will just shut
off the pump when I don't need water and then this spring I plan to
replace all the copper with PEX tubing. I had a total of 7 leaks by the
way. I didn't think there were that many low spots in the water system.
It shows the value of pink anti-freeze.
  Thanks again to all that suggested cures and gave information. We may
get to camping yet this summer thanks to everyones wisdom.
  Joe in Wyoming