Re: [VAL] Ancient Airstream RV pictures...

Hi Scott,

I too was suspicious.  I just heard from the owner.  Here's a copy of what he
said:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Mark, it is a prototype that was apparently made for Airstream in the
60's. I purchased it about 3 years ago & had it trucked-in from the Midwest to
S. CA..

So far, the engine, tranny & brakes have been rebuilt. The interior is
basically stripped-out but, the brackets & layout is still intact. New
windshields are on order.

As you can see, it's an incredibly cool vehicle & available for $17.5.

Bart     begreen123@aol.com

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Except for the lack of windows, I really like it, but then, I liked the
Toronado hybrid too!  (Never did see a follow up of more pics on that
one...did some get posted somewhere?)  Howzabout you, Scott, do you like it?

And, while we're on the subject of pictures and posting of same,  I got so
frustrated at my lack of ability to use Tom's fine site, that I just created
an unlisted group on Yahoo, for the sole purpose of posting pictures for those
as inept as me.  I've never done such a thing before, and I think I set it up
so anybody can use it without joining, but there's no way for me to tell,
until I hear from somebody who tried and couldn't access the photo files, of
which, at this time, there are none.

Although unlisted, it's probably only a matter of time before the spammers and
slutmongers find it, at which time I'll blast it into oblivion, and start
another, if there's any interest.

And, if it fills up, I'll delete stuff without mercy until we have room
again...it should be considered a temporary share-a-quick-picture site.
Here's a link: