RE: [VAL] Washing

Tricia & Conrad,

You can have the clear coat reapplied, but it is expensive and still
only temporary before it starts to peel again. New Airstreams now come
with the clear coat applied in a special process at the Alcoa factory,
and then the aluminum sheets are sent to Airstream for assembly. It is
thought that this process will eliminate peeling. I feel that once the
clear coat is off a routine polishing with Met-All will keep the
exterior looking quite nice. It is formulated for aluminum aircraft,
and is a two step process. Rub on, wipe off. It produces a nice though
not mirror finish. The best price I've found ($5.95 for a 16 oz can)
is at: http://www.skygeek.com/tc10.html

Forrest