Re: [VAL] Looking for a dead short in clearance lights

Dan,
My 1971 and my 1963 were wired similarly.
The wire that feeds the clearance lights originates at the umbilical
cord for the front, and from one of the taillights in the rear.
On both my trailers, license light, taillights, and marker lights are
on the same wire run, or circuit, basically.
The 63 has a wire roughed in for the marker lights, even though it does
not have them up top, but rather on the sides.
I would assume from reading your post, that the trouble lies in the
umbilical cord wiring, since that's where your professional was
active.I concur with the others that are saying to get a hold of the
pro and have him repair his mistake, since you already paid for it. The
idea with the light bulb in line is a great one, and has saved me many
hours when I was working on cars a long time ago.
Best wishes,
Uwe Salwender
Orange CA