[VAL] Shower hose leak

    On my 1976 rear bath model the shower hose where it connects to the
water valves on the side of the wall has been leaking a little since I
got the trailer 8 years ago. So today I thought I would take it all off
and replace the whole mess. But then I thought what about Teflon tape? I
have some for home fixing and took it inside the trailer and turned on
the water to the shower and ah-yes still leaking.

    So with water-pump pliers I removed the hose AND the fighting that
screws into the water source. There I saw there is a O-ring that was dry
and brittle and in the wrong place too. I wrapped 2 turns of Teflon Tape
on this and remounted the fixture. And No LEAK anymore :-)

    My message is I guess, try Teflon tape first.

Karl