Re: [VAL] Saniware Toilets

Hi Chuck,

Most likely, others will give you the straight dope on what's going on.
But, here's my take.  First, when the foot control is released, the manual
valve should turn the water off.  If not, the valve is defective and should
be replaced.  Might be age related, but the valves cannot take even minor
freeze conditions.

If you are talking about the 6 oz or so of water that continues to flow
after you release the foot peddle, there's a reservoir in the top of the
commode that fills with water and a rubber seal closes and prevents
overflow.  With the water pressure off, the seal opens and drains the
reservoir into the basin.  Frequently, the rubber seal deteriorates and
allows water to overflow outside the commode as long as the foot peddle is
open.  This gets continually worse until there's a flood in the bathroom
floor or the floor rots out.

I couldn't replace the commode in my '74 Argosy and bypassed the reservoir
as seals weren't available.  I use the spray most of the time anyway as it
cuts both water usage and tank fill.

Regards,                                          '74 Argosy, Joy