Re: [VAL] AirConditioner install

Greetings Brian B!

If your coach has an original Armstrong Bay Breeze air
conditioner, you may not have a "typical" square opening.
At least with the earlier Armstrong air conditioners, there
were three round holes through which the rooftop unit
connected to the interior unit -- when one of these units is
replaced, the square opening must be cut in both the roof
panel and interior panel.

If you coach has a unit other than an Armstrong Bay Breeze,
you will likely find that there is a 14" square opening.

I have Coleman air conditioners on both of my coaches, and
am totally satisfied with their performance (Mini-Mach on
Minuet and Mach on Overlander).  The downsied is that neithr
of these air conditioners support the condesate drain -- it
hasn't been a problem on the Overlander, but has resulted in
periodic problems with "rust" streaking on the Minuet.

Good luck with your project!

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC/Free Wheeler/Computer Club #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400
VORTEC/4.10 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado
Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)