Re: [VAL] Re:roadside assistance

Linda,

In the past I've used AAA.  However, AAA is at the bottom of the list as far
as how much they pay the people that do service calls for them.  AAA has no
official employees that do road calls, they hire it done.  On the other hand
even Good Sam hires people to do road calls for them as well.

I've read and heard great things about Good Sam's road service including the
towing of *both* your tow vehicle and travel trailer - or motorhome and
"toad".  Good Sam will take you to the closest facility that is able to
repair your vehicle/travel trailer no matter how far that may be.

AAA - well, let's just say I had to wait the better part of the day in
Miami's city streets to finally get help.  The afternoon came and went and
it was plenty dark by the time AAA finally got someone to help me get home.
I've hated AAA's roadside service ever since and I do NOT recommend them
whatsoever.

Remember, you get what you pay for and that goes for your auto insurance
carrier who may offer roadside assistance, AAA or Good Sam.  In the
recreational world we travel in it's hard to beat Good Sam's roadside help.
Do your own research, read the RV forums and ask questions and make up your
mind then.

Tom
WBCCI 5303