[VAL] Water Pressure Regulator

The city water pressure regulator in my Argosy was shot. It let very
little city water through amd the adjustment bolt was all banged up. So
I took it out and replaced it with a piece of pipe. Now there is just
the one-way valve (to keep pumped water from flowing out the city water
inlet) and an over-pressure valve.

The plumbing is PEX (or similar clamped plastic pipe).

Should I replace the regulator? Can I use one of the ones that attach to
the city water inlet (outside the trailer).

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Dave & Ann Lowrey - WBCCI: 5074
1977 31' Sovereign International - Mid Bath
1978 6.7 Meter Argosy Minuet - Front Gaucho