[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V2 #239 sewing of awning

I purchased a 78 Tradewind last fall and awnings were in good shape  except
seams were letting go! I contacted Zip Dee and they sent new rivets and
instructions on installing. I removed awning cloth and re sewed all seams with
Thread to withstand UV. Zip Dee had a problem before they changed thread!  Hardest
part was opening the aluminum crimped cover after removing awning to  remove
cloth probably only 20 minutes but you need to work carefully. Once cloth  is
removed you can roll it to feed the seams thru the sewing machine, I sewed
all seams and did not remove old thread.
Zip Dee makes it easy to change, release tension, remove screws  1/2" from
ends of aluminum cover, slide one piece of cover out leaving cloth on  one
section of alum cover, unwind cover and remove rivets, remove from roller  after
removing arms.
Call Zip Dee or visit their web site for instructions! Great  product and
Great people to deal with!
Paul
Troy MI