RE: [VAL] Tires

You can run lower pressure in the E rated tires to give them more
flexibility.

I want to push for RADIAL trailer tires so they have the same braking as
the tow vehicles radial tires for better panic stops.

I'd expect the E rated tires when flexing under load and run at the
pressure that holds the load properly to run a little bit warmer than D
rated tires because the E rated tires will have more sidewall material
to flex than D rated tires. But that added material will give the E
rated tires a bit better lateral stability.

On a single axle trailer you can run the tire pressure so that it just
holds up the load and so allow the tire to act as part of the cushion.

I'm thinking that the load division between tires on a dual or three
axle Airstream isn't so good so that a couple tires run at the pressure
to hold their share of the load are going to be overloaded and show lots
of heating and short lives. Misalignment from bent axles or spindles or
poor factory assembly is going to make some of the tires heat even
worse. Even the single axle trailer could suffer from excess toe in or
out to lead to tire heating.

Gerald J.