RE: [VAL] Tires

Dave,

Perhaps someone on the list will correct me if I am wrong, but if your E
rated tires are rated at 3060 lbs. per tire (at 95 psi) that would give you
a load capacity of 6,120 lbs. which likely exceeds your single axle load
capacity by about 2,000 lbs. So, as I said earlier, E rated is way more than
you need and will likely cause you other problems.

For an example, to give you some contrast, I have a '66 20 ft. Globe Trotter
that weighs about 3,500 lbs loaded. I use load range D tires on its single
axle. The tires are rated at 2,040 lbs (per tire) with 60 psi. If I put 60
psi in these tires they track and wear poorly because they would be
pressurized to carry 580 lbs more than the trailer weighs. You want to match
the weight of your trailer to what the load capacity of the tire is at a
given pressure. Check the Goodyear tire web site at
http://www.goodyear.com/rv/tirecare/loadinflationtables.html. They have a
chart you can study to help you get your tire pressure in the ball park
where it needs to be for the best combination of tracking, wear and ride.

Forrest