[VAL] wi-fi hotspots at International

Hello all,

I am now beta-testing a new wireless Internet system for Airstream.
It's being considered as an option on the 2006 models.  Basically, this
system collects a wireless Internet signal from the Sprint (or Verizon)
cellular network, and re-distributes it as wi-fi throughout the trailer
and in the immediate area.

In essence, it makes my trailer a moving Wi-Fi hotspot.  The
performance is substantially better than you can get with a standard
Verizon phone connected to your laptop (which is what I have used in
the past).  I am getting 300 kbps up and downstream with this system,
versus about 50 kbps with my Verizon phone.

The reason I mention this is that the OEM of the equipment has offered
to give me a few extra systems for demonstration purposes at the
International.  At the very least, I plan to bring Vintage Thunder (the
project trailer in which this system is currently installed) to
International.  So there will be at least one wireless hotspot located
on the rally site!

All members of this list are welcome to drop by and check their email
at any time during the rally.  All you'll need is a wi-fi equipped
laptop, and it will be entirely free.   Look for the metallic blue
Argosy.

We will also be at the Airstream Homecoming (May 31-June 5) with this
system, in the Terra-Port.  Once I know more about the possibility of
additional demonstration locations, I will let you know.  Or you can
check the Vintage Thunder blog at
http://www.airstreamlife.com/vintagethunder/vintagethunderblog.html

-- Rich