[VAL] Window cranks

Hi gang,

Once again, I need y'all's advice before I tear something up.  I've gone
through the windows of my 1962 TW and the front and rear window cranks (on both
sides, totalling 4) have stripped gears, all but flat and dug out in the middle.
 I called Blair and the gal in "customer service" was not helpful, I need to
know two things; must I get a whole new cranking unit or can I replace the
gears and get a new window sliding mechanism to keep the arm in the window slot.
Also, the cranking unit isn't sealed with screws as I would have thought, I'm
afraid if I take them apart I won't be able to put them back together again,
what keeps both sides on and snug once opened up?   Also, anyone order these
before?  Please help me with parts numbers if you have a record of it.  Also,
I'm missing the top strip of plastic caulking on the front window at the
tongue, I have three sides, which of the grey window plastics in the Blaine catalog
snaps in place, or must I take another side out to determine this?  Help help
help please.

Bebe Gordon
1962 Tradewind
Lafayette LA