RE: [VAL] Back to steel tire stems and the why's and what-for

Don,
I did seriously consider and research other brands of ST rated tires when I
replaced BOTH tires after the valve stem failure on our Bambi.  I only
needed one new tire (when the stem blew, the rim cut some cords internally),
but decided to replace both so that they would be the same age and mileage.
I stayed with Goodyear Marathons.  They are an honest 6 ply tread, 4 ply
sidewall.  If Michelin had been an option, I would have jumped at the chance
as I have a long, very happy history with Michelin tires, but alas, Michelin
offered nothing.  There was an attempt to convince me that ST rated Carlisle
Tires were the way to go until I discovered that the were 4 ply tread (6 ply
rating) and 2 ply sidewall (4 ply rating).  Besides they were made in China
and it just rubbed me wrong to have my American Icon rolling on Chinese
tires.

david