[VAL] cable TV vs. satellite TV

Is it at all possible to "try out" a satellite TV service without a 2-year
commitment?

I very much want to install a dish on top of our 34' Airstream, depending on
price it will either be manual or automatic (but I can aim a dish, right?
Can't be that difficult).

I'd also like to pick up a portable dish and make a stand for it for those
times you can't "see" a satellite due to the trees.

As I understand it I need to have either Dishnet or DirectTV "install" a
system - seems that today it doesn't matter how many rooms you need it's the
same cost.  Then, with the antenna on the roof or the portable antenna for the
Airstream I just take one of my boxes from the house, hook it up in the
Airstream and Voila! I've got "cable" or "satellite" TV in the Airstream.

Is this correct thinking?  Am I missing anything here?

Is it even possible to "rent" a satellite TV setup?

Tom Meeker
WBCCI 5303