[VAL] Piezo-electric starters for vintage waterheaters? I think so!

While we are on the topic of starting water heaters up.

The piezo-electric push-button starters used on BBQ grills and sold
separately for when they fail - what do you think about using one of these
on a water heater?

I was just thinking how "nice" it would be for those older vintage trailers
that don't have the new-fangled circuit boards with the included electric
starters to have one of their own.

Since the BBQ grill piezo-electric starters are nothing more than pushing a
metal rod through a small roll of wire to induce an electric charge, why
wouldn't they work on vintage water heaters?

Just think - you could simply turn on the gas to your water heater and push
a button and Voila! the pilot light would be lit and in a few minutes
PRESTO! your hot water would be doing it's job.

What say you?

Tom