RE: [VAL] Re: WATER INLET

Tom,
I purchased a whole house GE filter unit (same thing as the RV stores sell,
but less expensive).  I use the standard filter (ie no charcoal) to filter
out rust, particles, rocks, etc) as my A/S has the Moen Faucet with the
builtin charcoal/microfilter to handle the rest.  GE does sell more
expensive cartridges if you want the extra filtering for tastes.  I am
always amazed at the stuff the GE filter catches even after only a few days.
The cost of the filter housing and cartridges is small compared to the
aggravation and cost if replacing faucets (typically at a most inopportune
time). The replacement cartridges are only a few buck each and readily
available at Home Depot, Lowes, etc, so I tend to use toss the used one
after each trip.  To hold the unit upright, I purchased one of those
fiberglass flowerpots and cut a hole in the end of it to fit the filter.
This creates a stable and attractive base.