[VAL] Ford Truck "Door Ajar" stuck

I have been having intermittent problems with the "Door Ajar" indicator
staying on, as well as dome lights staying on, with my '97 F250.

After some Googling, I discovered this is a common problem with F Series
and Expedition trucks.

The door ajar switch is part of the door latch mechanism in the door. It
gets grease in the contacts and wont properly ground out when you close
the door.

Ford will charge you $180 a door (according to several folks on the
Internet) to fix it. Fortunately, there is a simple and inexpensive
solution. Just shoot some WD-40 into the door latch mechanism on each
door, then open and close the door a few times. It may take 2 or 3
applications.

It worked for me the first time!

Dave