Re: [VAL] door hold back

I had the same sort of holdback on my '66 Streamline, and it too had to be
replaced.  I bought a strip of aluminum from Home Depot, cut it to length and
put a bend into the end so that it would fit into the bracket on the door.

It works just perfectly, and hangs down along the side of the trailer when not
in use, just as the old one did.  I don't remember now just how I fastened it
to the trailer, but believe it was the same as the original was, and that I
used olympic rivets for the attachment.

You can just see it here in a portion of a picture I took of the side of the
trailer recently.  It is just behind the heater exhaust, and hangs down into
the gold trim on the trailer.  The catch on the door is to the left and below
the door knob.  The catch is not aluminum, and is somewhat rusty, thus the
dark appearance.

DoorCatch.jpg

-Tom