Re: [VAL] Gauge or thickness of 1972 airstream globetrotter aluminum skin

Is that on the "banana" skin as some call it?  If so, that's really *soft*
aluminum and you may be able to straighten it out yourself without buying
new skin.  I think.

The exterior skin is probably 2024-T3, alloy and 'T' is the heat treatment
of that alloy.  Not sure, but makes sense to me if it is.

That banana skin is really soft and I wouldn't be surprised if it was made
out of very basic, soft aluminum such as '0' or zero alloy.

'0' is used to make parts which are then heat treated to specs but it has
it's own alloy mix in the metal.  Can't recall if there is something like
2024-"0" alloy for instance where the "0" would show that it hasn't been
heat treated to harden it yet.  Been away from that for a bit.

Tom