[VAL] water heater - tankless

Well, it was bound to happen after nearly 16 years.  Our home water heater by
A O Smith finally developed a leak as all tank type water heaters eventually
will do.  The A O Smith water heater was the best I could by back in 1989, it
has a glass lined tank and super insulation which will keep water hot for days
if you shut the power off.

Early next week my new *tankless* water heater by SETS Systems Electric
Tankless Water Heaters will be delivered via DHL.  This tankless water heater
carries a *lifetime warranty* to the original owner as long as you have a
certified electrician and/or plumber install it and sign off on the
installation.  I already have such a person lined up ready to go as soon as it
arrives here.

The savings of this type of water heater is phenomenal if you use electricity
-- savings of 50 - 60% of your monthly electric bill is *not uncommon*.  This
type of water heater will pay for itself in savings alone in about 2 years
time.  After 2 years it's ALL savings and money in MY pocket for a change.

Why am I telling you this?

Well, this company in Florida ALSO makes and sells natural gas and propane
tankless water heaters!  I fully plan to check out the propane water heater
systems they sell because I plan to add a tankless propane water heater to our
Airstream -- perhaps before the present 10-year-old Atwood heater bites the
dust.

These tankless hot water heaters have a really GREAT feature -- UNLIMITED hot
water which means that you get all you desire for those longer showers most of
us like, even in our Airstream trailers.

Back in 1989 I paid over $400.00 for the A O Smith water heater that is now
leaking.  This new tankless water heater by SETS will cost me just over
$600.00 delivered to my home.  All things being equal in "today's money" the
new SETS water heater is less expensive to buy, operate and comes with a
LIFETIME warranty as I stated above.

I'd love to know if ANY Airstream owner has installed a tankless water heater
in your RV and what you like or dislike about it.

There you have it -- we are moving into the future. ;)

Tom Meeker
WBCCI 5303