Re: [VAL] Aftermarket "chips" for trucks

Not correct in my case.  When I installed a chip in my 2000 F-250 diesel, I
was told I would get about 75 more hp and about 100 more ft. lbs. of torque.
I certainly got more, but don't know if  there numbers were the result.
Probably they were.

I also got 3-4 more mpg.  I know that from measuring the results.

The reason is that the truck came purposely detuned from the factory.  This,
so that the user couldn't abuse the engine.  For example, before chip I
could not redline the engine.  After chip, it is possible.  After chip, you
have to use the engine sensibly, but power and mile do improve.

Therefore -- Free Lunch. (as long as you don't abuse the engine).  I don't
know about your case.  Note that this is my experience with a 2000 diesel
model F-250.